Thread: narcotics?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 12:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherbullet View Post
What doctor s want is for you to go in there, shut up, not know a thing about your own body, and take the prescription, walk out, and not come back.
Yes, you're totally correct, with some docs. I just fired one because she actually said "I'm the doctor". Really? And I'm some idiot who can't read or understand what my body is feeling? If you're in pain, you just can't get anything done, nor can you heal, if healing is an option at all. And of course you're going to come off as pissy if you don't feel well. Vent away!

I've been watching your thread because I'm interested to find out what options there are. My husband and I were just talking about Xanax and how hard it was for his friend to get it. She goes to the hospital or docs and they treat her like a junkie, when all she has is real anxiety. That's how they treat you about pain meds too. Nope, you can't have that because you'll do whatever it is they think junkies do. Like you're faking all your pain, nope!

Can you go in there and say "I've researched these meds, and I feel I need this or this" and present clinical information on your findings? My Neuro has given me options each time and allowed me to do my own reading on what he's suggested. Write it all out, I find I get too emotional if I have to discuss these things out loud, and it weakens what I'm trying to say.
chaos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote