View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 12:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Neuropathy Support Formula; Deanna Protocol; ketones

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyporter456@ View Post
hi ,looking over the net i found a site claiming a wonder supplement that helps with all types of neuropathys,the name is neuropathy treatment group from IDAHO in u s a anyone know anything about this vitimins formula
This might be the same Neuropathy Support Formula discussed elsewhere in Neurotalk, for instance at http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...upport+formula

I looked that product up and tried to order some but was unsuccessful due to their flaky web site; however, having found out what's in it, I adjusted my supplements to include some of theirs. I should say that I confirmed their possible helpfulness with independent research, including many helpful posts by Mrs. D, a frequent contributor on Neurotalk.

There's also an interesting site called Winning The Fight (google it) which promotes a list of supplements for ALS; again, many components agree with my research. An additional one is a ketone ester. I've been on a ketogenic diet for two years now because ketones have so many neuroprotective (among other beneficial) effects. A ketogenic diet is very high-fat, low-carb; it's been used for 90 years to treat (and cure) pediatric epilepsy. While there is a lot of basic research (mostly with rats and mice) going on in investigating ketones' effects on things like Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, ALS, and other neuropathies, this is the first site I've run across that is encouraging people to actually try it.

There's a lengthy discussion about this Deanna Protocol in the ALS TDI forum (again, google it, as we can't post links), some hopeful, some hostile. You do have to be VERY skeptical with these things. One good thing about Winning The Fight is that they don't appear to be selling anything, unlike the Neuropathy Support Formula people.

Also keep in mind two other things:
1. Don't make the common error of mistaking correlation with causality;
2. Dietary or supplement treatments can take a LONG time to manifest. In the case of KD and epilepsy, it generally takes two years if a cure happens, though lessening of seizures happens fairly quickly.