View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 01:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile In the U.S.?

duuwop and Lady1996,

Do either of you live in the U.S.? I find your situations distressing. I had this happen to me when I was first diagnosed in April of 2000. I was being "treated" (what a joke) at Hershey Medical Center where the neurosurgeon did not want to perform surgery and sent me to a neurologist what put me on meds for my pain. It took me 4 years to find Dr. Daniele Rigamonti at Johns Hopkins (Baltimore) who specializes in CSF disorders. My first 2 shunts were VP. Apparently, my abdomen does not like foreign objects, because they became blocked at the distal within a month and needed to be replaced. The 3rd (still in place but not functioning) is a VA shunt placed in October of 2004. The tubing began to get brittle in the spring of 2011. So in April of 2012, Dr. Rigamonti offered the option of a new procedure he had developed to create a pathway through the interpeduncular cyst that was causing the blockage of my CSF. I opted for the procedure and have been pain free for the past 9 months. If neither of you are able to get to Baltimore, perhaps his office can recommend a surgeon in your areas. Do a search for "Johns Hopkins, hydrocephalus" and you will see links to the Hydrocephalus Center there.
I certainly hope that you both receive the help that you need very soon.

Regards,
Lon
(Diffie)
Diffie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote