Thread: 2days postop
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 04:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 12 days post op

Well, just wanted to update everyone how I am doing. Things seem to be going pretty good. I am still on quite a bit of pain meds. Dr. wanted to keep me on these for a few weeks so that I will keep moving the arm plenty. I have all movement on my arm except am unable to lift my arm from the elbow up. It is not frozen as I can move it with my other arm, just the muscles are still in shock from the surgery. Dr. said this would come back with a little time. I am also numb in my index and two small fingers.

It is amazing though, Dr. Thompson said as soon as he cut the pec minor, the shoulder fell back into place where it should be. I can tell a big difference just looking in the mirror, that it has fallen back in place where it should be.

Also just a note to all those considering surgery, my doctor said that surgery is just the beginning of curing TOS. That physical therapy after surgery is necessary and very important. However, I am not starting physical therapy until 4 weeks post op. They did give me a couple at home exercises to do to keep the arm moving, but said to take it easy so that it has time to heal.

So very anxious to see how things go the next month, and how long it will take me to be able to get back to work.
TellerMomof3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (01-25-2013)