View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 08:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52872 View Post
My nine year old son is beyond what the school district offers to help him. He is out of control. I have no idea what to do now. I feel like he needs to be placed in a residential facility or something with that intensity to begin this journey. Please if you have any suggestions or help of any kind I would appreciate it.

Son
9 years old
diagnosed first with adhd until he had a psychotic episode about a year ago
at that time he was diagnosed Bipolar Disorder type 1, mixed with severe psychosis, Pervasive Developmental Disorder, PTSD, ADHD and maybe ODD.
Current medications are 40mg Geodon B.I.D.

Hospitalized for out of control behavior and auditory command and visual hallucinations on five separate occasions since October 2011 the most recent being November 2012.

When released he was fine for a couple of weeks each time and then back to the same behavior issues caused by severe socialization issues.

We are in Central Texas with nothing that I can find to help us!!!

THanking you in advance!!
I'm sorry to hear about the truble you are having with your son,I have a grandson(well i gess you could call him my grandson my sons girlfriends son) anyway he was diagnosed with a lot of the same things(he's 9) his mom ended up pulling him out of public school and home schooling him,he is still on meds.but he's a lot better. I'm not saying that this is your answer just that it seemed to take a lot of presher off him,I do hope you find some help with this
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-23-2013), butterfly11 (01-25-2013), Dmom3005 (01-24-2013), Mari (01-24-2013), waves (01-23-2013)