View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Mike,

Two questions ... do you floss your teeth every day? Do you drink soda, other sugary drinks or gatorade?

Not flossing every day can cause cavities to form in between the teeth. Which means if #2 has a cavity on the (medsial) side of it next to #3 then #3 will have a cavity on it too... and so on.

Drinking soda, any sugary or acidic drinks will cause the enamel to break down and cavities will form.

If you don't have the cavities fixed, the decay will progress into the nerves and infect the teeth. That is not a maybe, that is a definite thing.

White fillings can last 10 yrs or more depending on how large they are. That sure beats ending up with no teeth in 10 yrs!

If you are in doubt of what she told you, get your xrays and seek a second opinion.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel1 View Post
The dentist i went to today looked at my panoramic xray and saw what looked (to me) was worn enamel, such as it should show all white around the tooth, she showed me spots where it was grey. Just because it's grey, does it mean a filling is needed? I'm 25, she told me I needed fillings (white) in tooth: 2, 3, 4, 5, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21, 28 with 29, 30, 31 needing crowns and three wisdom teeth removed. I understand I didn't take great care of my teeth but I also don't want someone to ruin my teeth with white fillings since they do only last 5-7 years on average, so I'd be needing crowns probably at that point..
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote