View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 09:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bknejones View Post
I just saw my NP today, she put me on lyrica and said to continue on the current pain killers I'm on so see if it helps. I'll take my first one tonight before bed so HOPEFULLY it helps. I've tried meloxicam, flexiril, and pain killers.. neither the meloxicam nor the flex helped with the pain in my back and hips, this is the first time I'll be trying a nerve specific medication (other than anti anxiety medication) so we are hoping for the best.
Hi bknejones
Hope the lyrica works for you. I am also taking lyrica for small nerve neuropathy. today is 3 weeks, I am only on 50mgs. Still trying to get used to the side effectcs. I get very lightheaded and my head and body feel off. I feel more depressed, this all happens around 2 hours after I take the pill, somtimes it goes on for hours. (unfort drowsiness is not a side effect foe me, would have helped cause I dont sleep) Im still trying to adjust. How much are you starting with and let us know how it works for you. Do the other meds you take help with your pain? Pain Doc gave me Tramadol for "take as needed pain". Little scared to take it, been reading some bad side effects about it. Good luck with the lyrica..
Marie33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (01-23-2013)