View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 11:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I saw the doctor today

I saw my pain management doctor (MRI ordering physician). He looked art my MRI and results and said twice...this is not good, this is not good.

He explained that I have multiple compressions and they were the cause if all symptoms and then some.

I'm to wear a cervical collar until I see neurosurgeon, do little with great care in not exposing myself to sudden movement let alone potential, even minor, injury.

I told him I would call neurosurgeon, but last time it took months and he said I was not to call. I should take CD of films, drop off at reception with specific instruction that my doctor has requested he view them asap then schedule me accordingly. It scared me to think that "time is of the essence".

It does validate what I thought I picked up from technician on the day of MRI. She did lumbar MRI then came out and set me up for cervical. After that, and before injecting contrast, she questioned he about followup and when. The way she was acting prompted me to ask if that was soon enough and she actually thought about it and said that SHOULD be ok. Just strange and I picked up on an urgency then.

Anyhow, I'm filling you all in. I'm so glad to have answers but now have alot more such as...

Surgery is not an option?

Will it be multiple levels?

If multiple levels, will they use bone grafts?

How long in hospital?

How long is recovery afterward?

Whew...

Thanks for reading.
forevernana4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote