Thread: The Stigma
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 11:20 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Not off Topic At All BMW

I feel sad your hurt is so very fresh and that absence is hard. Alzheimers is a thief in the DAY taking the life of those whom we love and are thus affected.

My Dad retired after working so very hard all of his adult life and having built a very large highway construction company with hard work, the spirit of the Lord, and faith. He worked well past the common retirement ages we hear so often from peers and their parents. Goodness, Dad was beyond 70 when he finally hung it up and decided it was time to enjoy time with my Mom. They travelled, boated, camped, bought a new Winnebago..... and settled down to enjoy friends who had to be somewhat sidelined as Dad flew his small aircraft all over to check in on the operations in towns near and far and neighboring states.......

Then a few years into retirement, BAM, Dad began to lose it. For the last few years he has known none of us.

Living my Dad through this, I follow where your best friend found the resolve to avoid the strain on her and her family losing her one syllable or point of recognition at a time.

Stigmata? Absolutely! I follow, and fault you not BMW for thinking you went off topic, although I feel you did not.

Prayers,
mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (01-24-2013), Burntmarshmallow (01-24-2013), butterfly11 (01-27-2013), ger715 (01-25-2013)