View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 08:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry you are going thru this. Venting is OK a and IMO is a better outlet than dumping that anger on a loved one. My opinion you are a candidate for pcs but that diagnosis usually come about six weeks after a concussion. I have heard about the demands of wrestlers physically. To me those demands are extreme. My advice find the most competent dr you can. They are definitely not all equal!

Get referrals from friends or family you trust. A poor Dr can really frustrate you and your recovery. A good Dr will make all the difference. Personally I do not think much of most concussion clinics. Concussion as an injury is not well defined or understood by the medical industry. You may want to explore the recent findings on CTE and it's effects. You are young and have alot of years ahead of you. Do not compromise them needlessly.

From your description of the injury you may need PT and therapy for your neck. Some injuries can cause the neck muscles to spasm and clench up. They will not relax to their normal state and can cause a constant headache. Any benzos for muscle relaxation can cause a rebound headache just making you tense up even more. While information is a good thing and some of the best advice I ever got came right here. Nothing is going to replace a good Dr on your side. Any therapy and treatment for concussion or pcs will need a Dr to oversee.

To see the divine in the moment.
rmschaver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-25-2013), MsRriO (01-24-2013)