View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:01 AM
anon6618

anon6618

For the MG I take: mestinon, mmf (cellcept) and prednisone.
I take more medicine, but those are not directly MG related, like side effect drugs (diabetes meds, ulcurmeds, heartmeds, RA med, thyroid, bowel, bones and painkillers). Most of them I take for a few years now.

I tried azathioprine and methotrexate but that was no use.
The only thing that does help is more prednisone, but that's just not an option for me.
Ivig, rituximab and plex are a risk for me, so the docs now decided it's "up to me" to decide, which is hard. They want to higher the prednisone, but at the same time start a whole bunch of meds for the side effects: lithium, insulin, oxazemap, cataract eyestuff, something for my heart and statins. Most of them have serious side effects, loads of them directly on the muscles.
I do not believe this is the solution. Yes, maybe "their" disease is less likely to turn real nasty, but it seems much easier to just pull out the plug.

So, not until I really am paralized fulltime and allover, I still go on like this.

@Annie, I do not think it's the withdrawl, it's only 10 mg less, and this is done in a period of 2 months, so slowly. My docs did it.

I see a doc almost everyday, they don't know what to do with me, and send me to other docs. Most of them still believe my only option is to do the above.

Does anyone know other meds to try besides: mestinon, prednisone, methotrexate, cellcept, azathioprin, cyclosporin, ivig, plex or rituximab? Something to try? Hope someone does...
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote