View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 12:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've been posting here for a while, but I'm finally responding to this thread. I've only recently been diagnosed with positive modulating antibodies by a Rheumatologist. I know it's not the normal doctor to see, but he's the only one that has dared to treat me.

Many years ago, over ten years, I came out positive for modulating antibodies, but when tested again I was neutral. I was drinking a lot of caffeinated soda at the time so that may have altered the results. Through the years I've had more tests that came back negative - probably because of the caffeine. I no longer drink sodas and now the test is positive again.

The muscles that are affected are my upper eyelids and forehead, the muscle under my tongue, swallowing muscles, neck weakness, trapezius weakness, upper arm weakness, diaphragm weakness, some of these bear down on my spine and rib cage. My upper thighs are also weak. I get double vision too especially after reading for too long. The muscles around my mouth droop often. There's probably other things going on that I can't remember right now.

I just had a lumbar x ray with a few vertebrae into my thoracic to see the damage. I've tried to convince other doctors to check out my spine before and it never happened. At least this Rheumatologist is really trying to help. He specializes in auto-immune diseases, so I think I'm in good hands. My GP sent me to him because she thought I had some other disease relating to Rheumatology. Some of my symptoms sound like Polymyositis and maybe I should ask for an anti-jo antibody test. I'm sure it's possible to have MG and Polymyositis.
Quandry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote