View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 02:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, Sally. I think you are definitely right about how all these things work together.

By the way - how much ALA do you take daily -and what's the brand and dosage?

The reason why I never took ALA was because I thought it was for use in PN only with those that have diabetes. I don't have diabetes, so I kind of brushed it off before I heard other great things about it.

I learned it's been used for diabetic neuropathy in Germany for many years.

I just did a lot of research on ALA from sites such as Live strong, Web MD and the University of Maryland, and now I feel that it also helps with some other health issues I am starting to notice as I get older.

My main concern was if it had any bad side effects -the worst one I found so far, was it might cause some painful cramps in the beginning of its usage...and even that seems quite rare, too.

I'm still researching this, but it seems to be something I definitely want to try out, as I've heard that it helps so much with reducing Neuropathy pain whether its diabetic or caused by toxins.

I'm just trying to figure out if it will interact with the 0.5 clonazepam/klonapin I have to take daily. If not - it seems like a safe vitamin to start trying.

As always, I really appreciate any advice and insight into this.
Jesse M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote