Thread: new to bipolar
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 03:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default new to bipolar

hi and thank you everyone. well it would seem bipolar runs in my family i have been able to trace it back to my GGGGrandmother on my fathers side in addition to my self ,my brother who just passed away and my younger sister as well as a my aunt and we are pretty sure there are many more not getting help. I am 54 ,married i have 3 children two of which are being treated for bipolar depression. (told you my family was full of it).I am very involved in my church and wish the grandchildren lived closer.I always knew i was not a good mother when my kids were growing up and could not figure out why.Later was told i was bipolar and put on lithium and an antidepressant which from all i have been able to figure out kicked me into a manic state and was very reckless and did something really
stupid, that was my lowest time i just wanted to die but i didn't but i also would not go back on the meds.(no i did not try to die).In 09 i fell and ruptured my achellies tendon Another long story) any way i ended up in a wheel chair for 6 weeks and when i went to return to work i was told my job had been eliminated. That was when the depression set in and my gP put me on sertraline, for the longest time i just didn't fell like it was working.My older daughter told me i was most likely still bipolar as is she.Decided to go find out and I am so like i said they cut back the sertraline and added oxcarbazepin. so i guess we will see
sorry i ran on
everyone try to stay warm
hugs
Gail

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-24-2013), butterfly11 (01-25-2013), Dmom3005 (01-24-2013), Mari (01-25-2013), waves (01-24-2013)