Old 01-24-2013, 06:17 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default featherbullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherbullet View Post
I'm sorry guys! That seemed pretty insensitive.I was genuinely surprised.
I guess my mom was lucky/has a high tolerance for pain? Unlike her daughter!!

So just a small update- I started the oxyneo yesterday morning. Maybe I have mentioned this-but the lyrica makes me dumb as rocks and forgetful. I don't feel like I took anything! Im loading advil on top of it, but that is also not safe.
I don't see this going well. If I was feeling better , I would start the cymbalta, but would prefer to wait until the weekend where if I experience the side effects, I can be at home under the covers.

Remember, I see the neurologist Feb 14th after an 8 MONTH wait. I see my pain doctor on the 6th I believe. By that time I will be begging him for something other than the small dose of time release oxyneo.

I missed work today because I was kept up until 2am with deep throbbing in my left calf/ankle area. I honestly thought I had a blot clot . I hadnt had that sensation before. It was scary. Needless to say, this pain is keeping me from work, and a normal life. just pills, rest, pills, rest, and motivation from you wonderful people.

Does anyone have experience with Nucynta? (Tapentadol)

Don't have experience with Nucyhnta; but do with Cymbalta. I take some pretty strong meds; Oxycontin, etc., but tried Cymbalta a few years ago and that put me in "la la" land. I can handle the narcotics without that feeling.

My sister-in-law had the same effect with Cymbalta last year; but no longer takes it. She is now on Lyrica and it is not causing her a problem like the Cymbalta did.

Just for your info.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (01-25-2013)