View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 07:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

CW I know exactly what you are talking about. For two months after my injury I just sat in a recliner and looked out the window. I did a few walks but they were well lets just say hard. Pre injury I was a gym rat. 4 to 5 times a week. I had a punishing routine and could put quite a few 20 year olds to shame. BTW I am 50.

The effects of long sedation are not good. What my physical therapist told me was. Studies show that if you are very sedate you will lose 1/3 of your strength in 3 weeks. Stamina follows not long after that. If you continue very sedate activity then joints weaken and fluid that once helped cushion those joints is reduced. Do this long enough and physical therapy becomes a requirement to return to health.

Walking or very low impact exercising is highly advisable. Exercise till you are close to symptomatic. If you had a work out routine then it is similar. Track your progress develop a baseline. Build on your baseline. I know all this from personal experience. The good thing is since you were active and fit your body has a physical memory to it. So regaining strength and stamina will be easier once your pcs symptoms abate. The goal here is to not let your body deteriorate. The body does poorly when not exercised.

I hope you feel better.

To see the divine in the moment.
rmschaver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mokey (01-24-2013), musiclover (01-24-2013)