View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 12:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Prisms, Hillary Clinton and Me

When I saw Hillary Clinton in the news yesterday, she looked like me....and I turned to my spouse and declared she had visual problems with her concussion. And now I just have read this online article...http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1247375
(don't know if links show up here). Apparently she has those stick on prisms. Poor her.

And from an optometrists chat blog: ( this is a quote)
In the comments

DRSLOTNICK

"Ms. Clinton is wearing a Fresnel Prism on her left lens. She is probably suffering from visual issues. I would estimate by the displaced image of her eye that she is wearing base out prism, and that she is having a decompensation of an underlying tendency for her eyes to cross. There is a great likelihood for such consequences after suffering an acquired brain injury, as may happen after a fall. She is probably grappling with double vision and doing everything she can to alleviate the symptom and keep her mind available for the discussion.

When a person is trying to process cognitive information at a high level, they leave little energy over for underlying problems. It is a matter of distributing the resources available. If vision is her weak link, then it gets deprived the extra energy. I would estimate that she is experiencing a significant amount of strain, pulling, and intermittent double vision. This would interfere with her ability to keep her attention on the conversation at hand.

-One Optometrist's opinion..."

An example of how this horrible injury does not play favourites.

My prisms (prescribed year post injury) have made a HUGE difference.

Last edited by Mokey; 01-25-2013 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Typo and add text for clarity
Mokey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MsRriO (01-25-2013), SpaceCadet (01-25-2013), Theta Z (01-25-2013)