View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 04:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I appreciate all your responses Mark, I really do. I will look into what you have provided. I just looked into the visual clinics you spoke of, and like what I read. I am going to call a few of them and see what they say about my situation and if I can be helped.

I am just afraid that they will bring back all my symptoms and worsen my eye complications like this schmuck in Minnesota did! I did simple eye exercises such as follow a pen and pointing a pen and moving it towards your face and back out away from your body that sparked major nervous system complications. Heart rate and complete sensitivity to light, movement, Nausea, dizzyness, etc.

After educating my self on how the neck can cause many symptoms I can tell how extremely tense I am. When I drink alcohol(I can tolerate it now fine after 3 years of not drinking) I feel best when I drink. I feel energetic, more fluent and mobile, and less pain in my neck. More cognitively sharp, and motivated. I know I should not be drinking, just stating how it helps.

I smoked marijuana for 2 years as it helped all of my symptoms throughout my pcs before I went to the PT in MN, and literally feel it saved my life. Nausea, dizzyness, depression, stress of symptoms, etc were controlled. I cannot tolerate it now as it locks my neck up and gives me more pain, which I do not understand.

Visual problems are the main problem now, along with not being able to exert over a long period of time. I never had major problems with tracking or reading even during the beginning of PCS except for sensitivity to light and motion sickness in the car and what not, but after these eye exercises and upper cervical disasters it went to hell. Unbearable at times.

Eowynn, I went to the U of Iowa for a Neuro Opthamologist appointment last summer, which essentially was the same as a regular optometrist and that ****** me off. I had a .75 prescription given after. They said nothing was wrong, and had no idea what was going on when my eyes were absolutely painful and felt as if they were being pulled into my sockets.

I really feel that alot of my symptoms are muscle related, and this is why I going to try MMTR in canada as I feel I am runnning out of options. I am going to be 24 in april and only want to work and support my self. I was an athlete all my life and have great pride in work ethic and to still not being able to work is the most frustrating thing.

I really appreciate you guys taking the time to read my saga and provide information and suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
If the prolo is going to work, it should have been showing good improvements long ago. The PRP should show improvement in about 6 weeks since 6 weeks is the normal heal time for tendons and ligaments.

There are plenty of deep tissue laser light therapies that should help with tendon/ligament healing. Check with local Chiros and some PT's. There are even at home systems that use a lower intensity light therapy to encourage healing.

There is a researcher who specializes in whiplash trauma at Oregon Health and Science. His name is Michael Freeman He may have a recommendation for you.

I can understand how a PT could mess you up. Many PT's get too focused on range of motion exercises. I am surprised a PT was doing eye exercises. Have you had a vision assessment? Eowynn has experience with vision work.

I have to be very disciplined with how I turn my head and neck. I have had to be careful for 10 years or more. My left occipital condyle pops and sticks. If I let inflammation set in, I can be a mess.

I learned that doctors and PT's only help but can not cause improvement alone. I need to be 75% of the process.

Have you been assessed by a physiatrist? The right one can be a lifesaver.

My best to you.
muddyriverrugby11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote