View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 02:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Unsure of diagnosis

Last Jan I was admitted to the hospital for some memory loss. It seems I had lost about 2 yrs of memory and I have continous confusion, disorientation, lack of concentration, etc.. First I was diagnosed with having a minor stroke with TIAs. After my follow ups with my first neurologist, he changed the diagnosis to Migraines and put me on Depakote 500 ML. I never had or have any headaches or any usual migraine symptoms. Each visit all he did was name 5 things and have me recall them 10 mins later. Needless to say, I changed Drs.

Neurologist #2 sent me for more blood work and reviewd all my MRIs, CT scans, EKG, EEG etc. He upped my Depakote to 1500 ML and diagnosed me with Complex Confusional Migraines. Most of my sysmptoms seemed to have eased up for about 2-3 weeks then came back full blown occuring multiple times daily.

I saw the Dr today and he is sending me for another MRI and EEG. They may be thinking it is not Confusional Migraines at all. They have ruled out early dementia and Alzheimers. I am at my wits end. I get lost when driving home at times. Afraid to go to sleep because I am so afraid I am not going to remember anything when I wake up.

Anyone else have anything like this? Physically I am very healthy for a 58 yr old. No high blood pressure, blood sugars are great, lungs are clear, heart is strong, etc. Any input would be appreciated.
Wolfie1954 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote