View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 03:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My Transient Epileptic Amnesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIMac View Post
Is there anybody out there who has this condition? I was diagnosed a few months ago and still don't know much about it. Basically, I wake up not knowing what I did yesterday, very confused with no short term memory so I ask the same questions over and over again, which must be very irritating! This can last several hours. I only know what I've read on the internet, which varies depending on which site you visit. My consultant gave a name to my condition, but wouldn't get involved in any discussion about it. My doctor just increased my epilepsy medication. It would be so good to be able to talk to somebody who understands.
I have had Transient Epileptic Amnesia since 2009, and have suffered 29 seizures since then. They are always the same - I wake up in the morning and can't remember what I did yesterday. In the worst event, I did not know wy wife of 39 years. My neurologist has me on gabapentine and oxcarbazepine, which seem to lessen the severity of seizures, but I still get them. He tells me he is working on a new treatment plan, so we will see. I am only the second Transient Epileptic Amnesia he has worked with in 18 year of practice, so you can see it's pretty rare, and the docs don't have a lot of data to work with.
gr630_1969 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote