View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink

Mari-- she was first diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 4, her therapist and psychologist sent her for testing for Aspergers at the age of 7 due to specific behaviors at that time they pre diagnosed her with bipolar but seeing as she was that age could not determine if that was the cause of other behaviors. The school does accommodate her needs by tutoring classes and any time she needs to step out of the class is able to go there. She was just switched schools this past year due to not learning, I felt more could be done and now more is being done. I met with all of the teachers and told them what I wanted to see for the school year so far she has gone from a kinder reading level to a 1 grade so what they are doing is working.

Dona- thank you very much for your support. Melatonin worked for Trin for a while but then her body just got used to it and it no longer worked. Trin is on 4 different meds right now one was just added to her due to we could not raise any of her other doses. With that said I trust her psychologist who is also mine (I worked in a NH he works for, for 6 years). I was very lucky her pediatrician listened and sent a referral I switched Dr's to get it done though. Trin had a speech impediment problem also, still goes to speech for it but has come a long way my problem with her was getting her to slow down and sound each word out. I wish you the best of luck and do let me know how it goes.

Bizi & Waves-- thank you for the welcome.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-26-2013), Brokenfriend (01-25-2013), butterfly11 (01-26-2013), DiMarie (01-25-2013), Dmom3005 (01-25-2013), Mari (01-25-2013), waves (01-25-2013)