View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 01:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

A few ramblings... I have absolutely ZERO shunt experience. The last time Tom coughed / vomitted / seemed perfectly fine afterwards was when he had strep throat.

I don't like the sound of the shaky right arm and the right eye turning in. Somehow, since it's the same side of the body, it does seem "brain" related. And, I tend to think that if *you* have to ask the question, then it probably *is* seizure-related. But, I know of several occassions when others have posted other theories about the questionable behavior, and it's ended up not being seizure-related.

Many, many moons ago, Tom was cross-eyed. We patched for 1 1/2 years and finally found the right person to prescribe glasses. Thus ended the problem. And then, in February, we started going gluten-free. Not long after, I thought his eyes looked really good (straight) without his glasses on. And then, to my horror, his right eye started going OUT! Since then, we've gone without glasses for a bit, a new lens prescription for 2 months, then another new prescription, and we'll find out next month if we need yet a third prescription.

At his last eye appointment (beginning of August), she said he was growing and that was changing his vision.... taller, bigger head... bigger eyes. So... is he having a growth spurt? Have you made any dietary changes? (And, if you're interested, I recommend going dairy-free first, then remove the gluten later.)

Just something to think about.
Mom to Samantha (10), Claire (9), and Tom (7). Tom is developmentally delayed with poor vision, lousy fine motor skills and epilepsy. His seizures are pretty well controlled through diet - dairy-free, gluten-free, rice-free, and coconut-free.
RathyKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote