View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 12:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ended up getting in with the doctor yesterday. Found some weird findings... my pulse ox was down at 92 though I was feeling better than I was the day before and my pulse ox is usually 100 as I live at sea level. When it was bad, it was around 87.
After doing an x-ray to rule out pneumonia, listening to my lungs to rule out a collapsed lung, and a CT scan to rule out pulmonary embolism I was diagnosed with anxiety and given a script for Ativan. I challenged the doctor on this because A. I do have an anxiety disorder so it's not like I don't know the feeling and I wasn't anxious- just couldn't breath! Also, being anxious can cause you to hyperventilate or feel like you can't breath... but it doesn't actually cause your pulse ox to go down. He then said that what's probably going on is that everything is tight and swollen so the phrenic nerve is probably being irritated causing difficulty breathing but he still wants me to talk the Ativan since it works as a muscle relaxant too. Whatever. What's a few more damn pills?
LiveLoveandTrust is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote