View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 04:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vowel Lady View Post
Especially since you have MS you need to be ultra careful when it comes to nerve damage. If you even suspect your dentist isn't being ultra careful or is doing any procedures that are unnecessary or risky, get another dentist or at least a second opinion.
I just had my molar #14 extracted yesterday and the surgeon didn't do a bone graft. I had planned to talk with him about getting one done at the time of the extraction and mentioned it to his staff when I called to set up an appointment but I forgot. Then the procedure began and I only focussed on the crunching and grinding sounds of bone and hoping to god that I would get out of the procedure safely.

I was going to call his office on monday and find out what my options are. Is it more risky to do now because it wasn't done during the extraction? What things should I be concerned about?

My initial reason to do this is in case I want to get an implant or bridge in that spot later. Or I think even with a flipper it won't sit right because of the bone loss because I didn't get it done with the extraction. Now I bet that spot will be all squishy and if I put a flipper or a bridge on it I won't even be able to chew food on it.

How soon should I go back to get the bone graft if it's even possible at this point? And now I'm freaking because I'm going to have to go through more grinding and crunching...I think. If someone could give me some advice it would be really appreciated. I feel like an idiot for not bringing this up right away. I think even if I had wanted a bone graft he couldnt have done it because he had someone on deck after me and was kind of backed up. Plus, I'm not sure how much more work it would have been to put the graft in. maybe only a few more minutes. I have no idea. Sorry for rambling.
asquirrel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote