View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 09:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Progressing Breathing Difficulties

Hi Neurotalk. I hope everyone is doing well. I am in the process of a new workup for a Neuropathy. My new Neurologist said I show some symptoms of a Multifocal Neuropathy but that I don't fit in that category. I am being testeed for Myasthenia Gravis.

My question is regarding my breathing difficulties. I had a Pulmonary workup done a few days ago and the results came back and showed that my lungs look normal but my lung volume is reduced, my lungs are not expanding as they should, and that my breathing is not a lung issue but a muscle problem.

Furthermore, over the past few days I have noticed that I cannot open my mouth as I previously was able to. I have had struggles chewing. It also feels as though food is getting stuck in the back of my throat (even though it may not be).

I spoke with my doctor and my Neurologist who said that once this becomes more than an annoyance and does interfere with my eating, go to the ER. That has not happened yet.

But I woke up this morning and I have a pain right below my chest... right below where my rib cage comes together. It hurts when I push on it. Does anyone know if this is related or what it could be? I don't notice it when I'm not pushing on it, but now that I've noticed it, I'm of course pushing on it all the time.

I also notice that I can't hold my smile for very long. I can smile like normal but it goes away after a couple of seconds.

If you can relate or if you know anything about this, will you let me know? It's a Saturday and I'm a bit hesitant to contact my doctors, as I seem to have a new symptom every day that I'm contacting them about, and I'd like to give them the day off on a Saturday.

Thanks so much.
hankster1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote