View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Perineural = Tarlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlco View Post
I have a question about these cysts,are the the same,perineural and tarlov?I recently had a mri and a 3mm perineural cyst was found in c6-and c7,on the right.The doctor said results were normal,are these cysts "NORMAL" cuz 90% of my pain,which is burning and radiating,is on my right side,The neuro doctor said pain was not from cyst,but i think it is,does anyone have a perineural cyst in the neck that caused pain?any info would help,my life is ruined from my neck pain.thank you
Dr. Tarlov first identified these cysts during his research in the 1930's. Thus, they are frequently referred to as Tarlov cysts. There was a common belief for years that perineural cysts do not cause symptoms. Despite considerable research and evidence to the contrary, medical providors usually referred to them as "incidental" or "asymptomatic". Several doctors have attempted to treat these cysts by aspirating the cysts and injecting fibrin glue into the space. Unfortunately, this procedure was not effective for most patients. The technique developed by Dr. Frank Feigenbaum and his team at the Reasearch Medical Center in Kansas City has resulted in eliminating the pain and symptoms for hundreds of patients form around the world.
I refused to accept the diagnosis of "total permanent disability" from my work accident in March of 2006. I pursued treatment across the US, and on November 30 of 2010 Dr. Feigenbaum restored my life.
Bridges is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote