View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 12:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiehub View Post
Thanks for your input. Yes, they have me going for bloodwork. cardiologist, and chest x-ray. I think my neuro is pretty up to date on this drug. he is a well known MS Doc....Its going to take a while to get insurance or donation from the manufacturer because it is an off label use.

Debbie
Debbie -

Very happy to hear you're getting a good medical work-up before going on Rituxan.

Just curious. Has anyone explained to you how (or if) SPS is distinguish from dystonia? (The latter of which - even if relatively rare - is a still too frequent side-effect of CRPS?) From what I was reading last night, they both pretty much come out the same in the wash, including having strong GABA-genic components. Then too, neither appears to be associated with muscle wasting, whether or not due to appetite suppression, suggesting the operation of another player, such as cachexia, very possibly induced by the same underlying condition.

More later, running late for a school meeting.

Mike

PS Please see the corrections - in bold - to my earlier "GAD65, cause or effect?" post. I had been up all night and misread what was then your immediately preceding post. Txs.

- Walt Whitman

Last edited by fmichael; 01-26-2013 at 03:00 PM.
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (03-12-2016)