View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 10:33 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Back from Nashville...

...and catching up:

1: I think Burckle is right. We have the ability to do something here but are in danger of it slipping away. So, what might we do? One possibility might be a permanent "Parkinson's File" modeled after the "Gluten File" in the Celiac Disease forum. A fine piece of work. Perhaps we could ask its originator to give us a short "talk" on how she assembled it and so on? That doesn't sound too intimidating and it could serve as a shakedown for group practice.

2: Anne, try again on the ACE inhibitor explanation. It's flying too high over our heads.

For those who don't know, Anne is both French and an MD with PD. As a result, she has to go through several translation gyrations and sometimes forgets who her audience is. I know this because I have been helping her compile and translate a body of work that is almost mind-boggling with the goal of publication. I am convinced that she knows more about PD than anyone on the planet.

3: In addition to the BP drugs, there are the anecdotes of symptomatic relief from antibiotics - particularly the tetracyclines. Anyone gone through a course of such lately?

4: The Soros effort is welcomed. For those who don't know, there is an element who would like to shut down Medline and force us to pay even for abstracts. Keep in mind that almost all research has some government money (that's OUR money) involved even if it is simply that the scientist got his education from a public grant. Why should I pay twice just to line the pockets of one of the companies that feed like vultures while we suffer?

-Rick
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote