View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 02:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
This is a tough question, I'm assuming an expert surgeon doing the surgery..

I think depending on the severity of all symptoms, some surgeons may remove both of those ribs and /or snip some scalenes also.
Most prefer many tests before doing surgery. Unless clots are an active issue.

The main difference that I have read, is if only the extra c ribs are the issue, then a very good outlook for post op & long term recovery.

Logically those aren't supposed to be there so removal is a good thing..less crowding and more room for needed structures.
Thank you for your reply!

From what I have read I have found that TOS with the c ribs is extremely rare. Therefore, I have had a difficult time finding people who have their cervical ribs removed vs. their first ribs removed.

In my case I did have blood clots in my brachial, radial, and ulner artery, the doctor was able to remove all of them but the ones in the ulner artery. Other than that I have not had any other issues besides a little bit of numbness and tingling in my hands when I sleep (for which I feel lucky after reading what a lot of other people with TOS have to deal with). I am still terrified of surgery, but know it is something that I am going to deal with.

Thanks again for responding to my post, it feels good knowing that there are people out there to talk to who understand.
Searching4answers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (01-26-2013)