View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 02:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dental fistula still there after root canal

I developed a fistula in early December. I went to the dentist and it was my #7 tooth, the filling had fallen out and the root was infected. I was put on a zpack and then a week later, another zpack. She opened up my tooth and lanced the fistula in order to drain. I went back to have the root canal finished and the fistula was filling again. She put me on clyndimyacin for ten days and when I went back, the fistula had drained and she was able to finish the root canal. I finished my antibiotics this past Thursday and I woke this am to find that the fistula had filled back up. I touched it and it burst again. It has been filling up and busting all day. Should I be worried? She is a very good dentist yet this is the first time something like this has ever happened to me. I just don't understand why the fistula keeps filling back up. Reading some posts, I'm getting a little worried about something else causing this. I think it's also important to note that when I first went in with the fistula, she did xray the tooth next to #7 as well, that had a crown the month prior, just to be sure it was not that tooth.

Thank you!
bubble0304 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote