View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 02:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Acoustic Neuroma

I recently went through balance and vestibular testing to be diagnosed with vestibular hypofunction, which accounts for much of the persistent vertigo, dizziness & eye issues. I have now found out they want to do an MRI with contrast to rule out an acoustic neuroma, which is a slow-growing tumor of the nerve that connects the ear to the brain. It's not cancerous and doesn't metastasize, but can grow and impact neurological functions. It is technically considered brain tumor.

Needless to say I'm quite concerned - that's putting it mildly . I am wondering if anyone on our tbi/pcs board has ever been diagnosed with one? They are quite rare, which is one thing working in my favor. I'm still waiting on approval from insurance to move forward with MRI, so I've got to settle down and just take it one step at a time.

Feeling overwhelmed and praying for peace. Thanks for listening.

PCS "survivor" - first concussion 10/2010 with PCS for nearly a year. Hit back of head on a shelf. Symptoms were head and neck pain, vertigo, nausea, lethargy, anxiety & depression. Experienced greatest amount of recovery between 9-12 months, with the following year being much, much better

2nd concussion 12/2012 - hit front left forehead on wooden edge of couch. Currently dealing with a return of PCS symptoms including headache, nausea, vertigo, brain fog, and lethargy.

~ just trying to take it one day at a time
~
musiclover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote