View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 03:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My daughter had severe arrhythmia problems. Thank God, a great cardiologist and 2 electrophysiologists got her fixed up and she is much better now.

She started with fainting spells. She was referred to a neuro. He diagnosed a seizure disorder. He prescribed medication. She took the medication. It made her pass out; she fell down a flight of steps; spent days in the hospital; and she decided to quit taking the medication since she was so much worse.

The neurologist stood over her in the hospital bed and cussed her out for "not agreeing to take her medication properly". He sent to to a psychiatrist, who sent her to another neurologist. The second neurologist said that she did not have a seizure disorder.

Round and round we went until we finally found out that she was fainting because of a cardiac problem. My baby almost died because of an arrogant neurologist that wouldn't be called wrong. (Well, my baby was 22 years old at the time. But she is still my baby.) If we had stayed with him, I doubt that I would have my daughter now.

He is an arrogant, incompetent, idiot. Thank God they are not all like that. The second neurologist (who was across the state), was freshly out of school, yet he was willing to stand by his own diagnosis in the face of criticism of the first one.

Is it my imagination or do they steer the bad medical students toward neurology?
Anacrusis (01-27-2013), ginnie (01-26-2013), pingpongman (01-26-2013), seishin (01-26-2013)