View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 11:30 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingfaith View Post
Hey everybody! I wanted to up date you all on my latest MRI. I hope nobody minds me posting and not having a diagnosis. So my newest MRI done earlier this week showed two spots of white matter. They didn't use the word lesion. However these "white matter" were not present 5 months ago. The nurse said they are typical of people with migraines which was odd because I have told my nuero I NEVER get migraines. They left it at that and told me to check back in a few months. Should I be concerned about this? I mean I feel this is probably what is going on with me because I can relate to almost everything I'm reading here. I have symptoms that come and go but my leg problems are progressing and not letting up. Is this typical? I know everyone is different but if anyone is kind enough to share a personal experience you think I could relate to that would be appreciated. I'm terrified I won't be able to walk soon if these keeps getting worse. I mean what do they need to see from me to give me any kind of diagnosis? I just don't understand. Yesterday I found this out and since then I feel so uncoordinated. My arms are here but there not if that makes sense. I have to think about moving them (much like I do daily with my legs). Please if anyone has a comment I would be more than grateful to read it...Thank you!!!
Hello Faith, and welcome!

Like you, I was afraid that if my numbness kept spreading that I wouldn't be able to walk. And my left arm/hand didn't have any more strength than one of those "claw" machines that take your quarters.

Steroids helped, but I really think that the symptoms were beginning to go away on their own by then (about a week after first sx).

It was several months before I got my full strength and energy back.

Not sure if I actually have MS, but the flare about 6 years ago was very MS-like. I hope you are able to get some answers. Best wishes and feel free to post anywhere and anytime. Lots of good folks around here.

Ooops! Sorry KittyLady! I got lost in the posts and didn't realize you began the thread. Sorry about your vibrations. Stuff like that is really unnerving. Hope it goes away soon.

Oh, and excellent analogy to help your husband understand better! *applause*

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KittyLady (01-27-2013), SallyC (01-27-2013)