Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Hi Sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara from Minnesota View Post
Hi PCS Friends....

I have been off of here for about a month.... trying to avoid computers etc. I am now at 6 months of PCS without a moment of feeling normal. I am still constantly dizzy, have nausea that a sea-man has probably never experienced, and the worst is the feeling of being off balance and the need to correct my gait. I am miserable. I am worried because when I read other posts they talk about feeling normal until they do too much etc. I never feel normal.... even when I am sitting perfectly still I have the nausea. I will be seeing a new Doc. at HCMC in Minneapolis on Feb. 5th. Praying they may have some words of wisdom for me. I was on here today just reading some of the new posts/members. For those of you who do not know me I got whiplash on an alpine slide on August 7th, 2012 (also tore up my knee on same ride)..... I used to be a spinning instructor and am an attorney. Praying some of you may be recovering....
Though our DX situations are varying, I reach out in empathy as one who experienced and experiences some of the challenges, disappointments, victories and hopes.

Once upon a time over eight years ago, I was as physically active as they come mountain biking, hiking, ballroom dancing with my wife, skiing with our children, just generally enjoying the high life as I, too, practiced law on a national scope. Calamity in the form of two cars on I-70, the precipitating driver being an illegal alien in a borrowed underinsured bullet, crashed me from the rear at high speed. Among my host of injuries, I was concussed and much of my memory [I had one of those eidetic memory cores I reckon] was erased. Gone.

Meds, thirty four surgeries, therapy, both physical and psychological helped me once again achieve balance. In the meantime, I was sidelined and could not achieve prior client goals not to mention my physical life took a seat at the BACK of the figurative bus. In a word, I wondered whether the joy of my life had been snatched away and replaced with another three letter word.... YUK.

At long last things did begin to resolve, and although my memories had been affected, the ability to cognitively function remained, so I have been able to resume bit by bit my practice. I have begun to accumulate licenses to practice in the new world of Rules of Professional Responsiblity where pro hac vice isn't really the way to go, and with my sister-in-law am embarked on a path which we hope will yield a firm to practice across the country in a sort of narrow field, but responsive to mutual clients, while restoring that Ahhhhhh..... sense from life well lived.

I write this stuff in hopes it may bring at least a candle of hope to your place of being right now, because I, too, have known oh so well how DARK it can be in a place where hopelessness and helplessness settle as though a sodden smelly mantle over my shoulders..... it was not comfortable for me and has to be awful for you. In a word..... make that two..... I CARE.

One thing I have found so helpful in this special place is the abiltiy to realize, recognize, then share the blessings with which I am blessed. It puts a smile in my heart, and when shared with others illuminates their faces as they also find those pockets of blessing in their lives.

Know this,
I will keep you in my prayers,
One who cares much,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (01-28-2013), Alffe (01-27-2013), MelodyL (01-27-2013)