View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 11:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default in the same boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanlynn View Post
I have a 12 y/o son (going on 13 in 2weeks) that has bipolar, ADHD,odd and some other diagnosis. I'm at the point where I need to know I'm not alone and there is light or something at the end of this very dark tunnel. I'm not to proud to admit that I need help dealing with this.

I have a 15 year old son who was diagnosed as bipolar and ADD last April. I am a single mom working 3rd shift. His father is not in the picture at all. I don't even know where he is. We've been divorced for 14 years. My son and I have always been close and we get along very good. But recently he has gone thru some really bad mood swings and problems at school and has had to be put on homebound school. Social settings seem to cause him a lot of anxiety. Between work, doctor's appointments, therapy, and orthodontist appointments I am starting to feel overwhelmed. His doctors just can't seem to understand that I don't have enough days in the week to do everything they suggest. I don't have time to take him to the local community college to take classes for a hobby like cooking or art. I have already given up my college education because it won't fit in my schedule anymore.I have no time for myself and sometimes I catch myself thinking that I wish he would hurry up and get grown. Then I feel terrible because I love him very much and we have a better relationship than a lot of parents and teens do. Some days I just feel so bitter because his father has left all of the responsibility on me and I have no one to turn to. It is a very dark tunnel and it has taken me almost a year to realize that I need help. Some days I have trouble making myself do things like laundry and grocery shopping. I get so overwhelmed. Please don't feel ashamed for admitting you need some help. A lot of us are in the same boat and we all need support or we wouldn't be on this forum. You are not alone.

Last edited by Kitty; 01-27-2013 at 11:53 AM. Reason: fixed quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (01-27-2013), Mari (01-28-2013)