View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Marshur,

Which tooth was extracted and had it been previously root canaled?

Sometimes a gum graft is necessary to cover the exposed part of the root. Other times a crown will work okay too.

A bridge is a little different story as it may or may not reduce the pain caused by recession. It depends on the angulation of the crown that is covering the exposed portion of the painful tooth. It has to fit precisely.

Some temporary bridges fit and feel better than others. If the dentist takes his time in making one, they usually fit and feel better. Sorry yours in uncomfortable.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshur View Post
I had a tooth extracted 7 months ago. *And have been in pain ever since. *Did not know the cause of the pain until recently found out that the gum at the tooth next to the one that was extracted, the gum is recessed causing the root to be exposed. * A dentist has told me that a bridge will take care of my pain, but I'm not so sure that it will.
My mouth pain is wores since they put temp crown on. * Feels like rough concrete all around tooth. *I hope and pray when the bridge comes in in two weeks that it will fix the problem. * 2100.00! * Ugh! * *I've been reading on the Internet that for a reeseeding gum that has caused an exposed root that you need a gum tissue graft. *
I'm just so scard that after a bridge is there and it still hurts then that's it. *Idk! * Anyways I have recently found this numbing stuff that makes it feel better if I put it on there often.
Please help me!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote