View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 04:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

A small city had 10 roads. 5 had a name and 5 did not.

Whenever someone went on a road with a name he could easily say the name of the road, but whenever someone went on one of the roads without a name, he could not say where he was.

This was a very inconvenient situation, so it was decided that all the roads without a name will be from now on called unnamed roads.

So, now it was much easier. when people asked each other were they were, they would answer-I was in an unnamed road.

It very rarely happened that people would miss the name of the road and mistakenly say that they were in an unnamed road.

saying you were in an unnamed road gave very little information as to where you really were. As opposed to named roads which meant a specific road. an unnamed road could be almost anywhere.

Still, it made everyone feel better that they could say they were somewhere.

They were no longer concerned in putting those roads on the map, giving directions or trying to give them a specific name.

Until one day one of the people said it's not nice to say unnamed road, let's call it happy roads instead. Everyone thought this was an excellent idea. So, from now on when they went on a road without a specific name they would say they were in a happy road. And all the people living in the city were very happy.

I personally think that it would be much better if people would say that they don't know where they were. No doubt that it would be less convenient initially, but possibly it would eventually lead to making better maps and giving all the roads a name. But, who am I to say.
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anacrusis (01-28-2013), Mic67 (11-20-2018), southblues (01-27-2013), wild_cat (01-28-2013)