View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 08:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Me too

I was just diagnosed in September with Arnold Chiari I. My symptoms just started from one day to the next. When I saw my local neurologist, he diagnosed my symtoms of numbness with depression and stated the Arnold CHiari had nothing to do with it. When my symptoms progressed to where I couldn't be upright for more than 30 minutes at a time without my head feeling like it was bulging my hospitalist doctor friend reffered me to a Neurosurgeon in Houstin,Tx which is about 5-6hrs from where I live. I had to litterally ride laying down in the back of the van the entire way. When I saw that surgeon, it was clear to him that I needed surgery and penciled me in within a week. It was really sudden. My surgery was Nov 2,2012. It was a kind of pain thats different from anything I've ever felt, but with pain medication it was manageable. I was told I was going to be in the ICU for a few days then downgraded to the Neuro floor. When I woke up after the surgery I was placed on the regular floor. Apparently the surgery went so well that I didn't need to be in the ICU. I was only there for 3 days then sent home. I'm still recovering but every so often I feel normal, like it never happened and I tend to over do it to where I feel like I'm going backwards. Just a tip... Don't over do it. Even though the outside of the incision is healed, that doesn't mean that the inside is healed. It takes longer for the inside tissue to heal than skin to reattach and scar. The doc said it will be atleast 6 months untill you start really feeling well. I guess I have to wait too. Good luck. Hope your surgery went well.
RICHIE_RICH55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote