View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 09:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretd View Post
my wife makes to much money for assistance. My doc wants me to see another doc for my depression, and go to the pain clinic. We have health ins. but of course it does'nt cover everything, and the co-pays are high. I can't even make my house payment, so we don't have gas money to get to any of these places. thanks for your support, I won't give up, I can't, I can't work.

It was explained to me that if we decline additional recommended treatments, we are giving the SSA the impression that our conditions are well managed. What one could see as not being able to afford copays, they can interpret as being satisfied with your current treatment. If they see that you are not seeing the other doc for the depression, their conclusion can be that you are satisfied with your current depression treatment, which implies to SS that it cannot be severe.

If your current doctor believes that your depression is severe, he could have you committed to a psych facility against your will.....that bypasses the copays for now.

It's difficult to even guess at the specifics, because we don't know the specifics of your case.

Lit Love has provided a lot of advice in this and your other threads about trying to access services and help. I hope that you can find some help.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
"Thanks for this!" says:
bretd (02-01-2013)