View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 12:38 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Very good MsRrio.

I'll add a simple bit. Many times the anxiety is the result of simple triggers. Learning to recognize these triggers so they can be avoided is important. I have never found a way to over-rule the trigger. That is why they are called triggers. They let go on your anxiety system very quickly.

The most common trigger is auditory. Next would likely be visual. Either of these make other anxieties take over, like worry etc.

So, even though a auditory trigger seems to not be connected to a worry or obsessing anxiety, all the brain needs is a little auditory trigger to push you over the edge to get consumed by the other anxieties.

A seldom mentioned trigger is ill fitting clothes or scratchy tags, etc. They are like that dripping faucet that never lets you relax. Others in your family or environment are rarely supportive of reducing these triggers. They just seem so far fetched. You try to explain them and they say you are making things up.

I have found some ways to explain most of my triggers. If anybody has a trigger they are struggling to understand so they can explain them to friends and family, post them here. We can try to help with explanations.

Biy, that was not as simple as I thought it would be. I guess I am obsessing. LOL

My best to you all.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CW21 (01-28-2013), MiaVita2012 (01-30-2013), musiclover (01-28-2013)