View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 01:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default One leg less coordinated than the other when cycling

Nan, thanks so much for your sharing your research and insights into forced exercise (FE) cycling with us all. Your stories and your Parkinson’s journey are truly an inspiration to me. I hope my Parkinson’s progression is as slow as yours, and hoping this more robust cycling work out will help me achieve this goal. I just started FE cycling last week on a stationary bicycle at the gym. I have no problem keeping the recommended heart rate and at least the 80-90 RMP cycling speed for 45 minutes. However, my left leg is less coordinated and clumsier than my right leg - I’m one of those one-footed clompers and draggers, in my case on the left side. So, when I cycle, my left leg has a tough time keeping pace with my faster and more coordinated right leg, so the rotation of the pedals becomes stilted and catches awkwardly when my left leg has to catch up with my right leg. Has anyone else experienced this while cycling? Any suggestions on how to overcome this problem with asymmetry between the legs?
crimsoncrew is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote