View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 03:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default How do you take your mestinon?

In the beginning I was taking between 60-120mg every 3-4 hours. I noticed it would wear off about a half hour before I was due for my next dose. I even had a short period of time when I was getting to lower my dose! I went to one pill then half a pill and finally quarter pills. Lasted a short time after I started ivig and now I'm back to full pills. However I had a fantastic nuero and allowed me to "play" with the way I was spreading the doses and monitoring (and being watched by hubby) the effects. I take my pills on an as needed bases. I usually put about 10 mestinon in my pill case in the morning and take one about every hour to hour and a half. On long days I may need 12 (plus a timespan 180mg upon waking) on long bad days I may take up to 15. On really good days after ivig I may only need 6-8. For me this is the perfect solution. Two pills every 3-4 hours is too much at a time and wears off too soon, so I have vast ups and downs all day. Since I usually feel the weakness in my throat when it's time for more, I avoid extreme fluctuations by taking them this way. Curious to know how you all take yours and how they affect you.
Thanks for sharing
Jess
sugrkiss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote