View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 12:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi seishin,

I am sorry to hear about your difficulties as well. I absolutely sympathize with your situation, as I have been in and out of the ER without any help. Fortunately my last stint in the ER brought me a Neurologist that seems very open to my symptoms.

While I am very new to Pulmonologist appointments, I do know that they did a Pulmonary Function Test that showed that my lungs were working properly but that my muscles were not functioning properly. I have not yet seen a Pulmonologist yet. I do hope that you are able to get this test done as it was very informative for me. Please let me know how your Pulmonologist appt goes.

I did want to post an update. I have had an increase in symptoms, I am having difficulty enunciating words, my speech may be slurred a bit, I'm not entirely sure how I sound to others. Also my thighs have become increasingly weak. I spoke with my Neuro this morning and I am going to get my first round of IVIg after my LP on Friday. I am so relieved that I may be receiving treatment soon as this has been going on for months and my symptoms have been increasing daily at this point. My Neuro and I are in contact and we have decided to hold off on going to the ER, mainly because I really didn't want to go and there is very little they could do for me there. So I am happy with the current decision and will update everyone after my IVIg.

seishin, Please let me know how things progress with you. You're in my thoughts!
hankster1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
seishin (01-29-2013)