Thread: Imagine This!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 12:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So sorry to hear what you both have been going through. Sending strong healing thoughts to you and your daughter. So tough dealing with our own injury when we need to also take care of our children. My son (11) had a tough year last year at school and I think a lot of it had to do with his internalising worries about his mum at home. I wonder if your daughter is afraid of losing you? Kids need to know we are there for them and sometimes they don't show that they need us, or are really scared inside if something happens to us.

It is so important that you have this knowledge about your daughter. Baby steps....a good mantra for those of us trying to heal brain injuries, and most certainly a very important mantra as your daughter is trying to heal her own emotional wounds.

Just as an aside...I don't know if you daughter has an 'on-line' life, but if she does, I would absolutely be involved in it, and see what is happening to her there. Facebook, texting, etc. are all very dangerous places for teenagers. Given her current fragility, I would protect her from the online world at all costs.

Best wishes for healing. Hang in there. This is a nightmare for you. No question about it.
Mokey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MiaVita2012 (01-28-2013), MsRriO (01-28-2013)