View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bean View Post
Well, it is now Jan. 26th. I am still doing well and have been on the Rhodiola rosea herb since Dec 21st. Have not taken tincture for 2 days...but tomorrow is Sunday (have to sing in the choir) Lots of people around...may need some and carry it in my purse just in case..pretty handy stuff. Sometimes I get looked at funny (taking out a dropper bottle and squirting something into my mouth...but have reached an age where I don't care , if they ask me what I'm taking, I tell them) I am still doing approx 200mg Rhodiola one day and 400 mg the next...it doesn't taste bad and can be poured into cereal...good way to reduce the amount and less pills to swallow is great. ANYBODY ELSE TRYIN IT ?
Hi Aunt Bean,

I took rhodiola a couple more days and felt increased energy-however- the last day I took it at noon and had trouble going to sleep. Taking the rhodiola helps me to appreciate sinemet because I feel a sense of well being in a way with sinemet I don't feel with rhodiola.

Quality sleep is precious to me - after doing some biofeedback work i got so i could go into deep restful sleep and need only 4 or 5 hours which i prefer to 8 hours of lesser quality and even taking the rhodiola in the early morning it just seemed a bit out of alignment with my comfort zone however I may take it on occassion on days when I want an extra boost.

I have been taking a dropper full of passionflower extract before bed to correct the rhodiola effect and found it to be very helpful and I'm back to my deep restful sleep again -which for anyone interested is enhanced by high quality linen sheets which regulate temperature really well.
have been looking at nootropic herbs - considering trying California poppy extract.

in all fairness to rhodiola i only took it several days and i think it may be useful on occassion- i may be confusing my fear of agonist like herbs with efficacy.

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aunt Bean (01-28-2013)