Thread: Imagine This!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Mom to mom

I cannot imagine how hard this is on you. Your baby girl needs to feel like she is number one priority at a time when you're also suffering. I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Although it is very minor compared to what you're going through, I can't help but parallel it to my past week dealing with my boys concussion during my own PCS symptoms.

Not in severity or anything, but in how our children need us no matter what else is going on, and its never easy timing. But nature is so amazing, it provides us with strength from somewhere! I never thought I could care for my son the way he would need during his concussion and I did it. It reminded me of my higher calling, my true purpose here on earth. It helped us both, to connect. You can do this.

Trust your motherly instinct, protect your girl with all your might, and care for yourself too. By caring for both of you, you show her and model for her what it looks like to love yourself. It's not uncommon for girls to feel very lost and alone at her age, which is why an identity with her family is crucial. She has to feel important and validated right now. That doesn't mean everything else you're going through isn't important. Not at all.

It just means that priority one, is her. Priority two, three, four can be focused on as the crisis allows.

Crisis counselling- that's what I'd suggest first, but I'm no professional. I just relate as a mama and that's what my instinct is telling me.

Big big hugs, mom to mom. This must be heart breaking, but more is found than what is lost. What you find, you can work to fix.
About it: October 26, 2012 I fell backward on an icy parking lot at work. I was on Workers Comp for 9 months. My PCS : everyday headaches became once in a while headaches, and neck pain became manageable. Still have occasional mild dizziness, sometimes fullness in the ears, convergence insufficiency, sequencing struggles, short term memory struggles, verbal processing delays. CT neg, MRI neg. Therapies: prism glasses, acupuncture, icing neck, resting, supplementing, Elavil 20mg at bedtime.

NEW: Completed 12 weeks of physical therapy and returned to work full time.

About me: I'm a marketing manager, a mom with a blended family and wife to a heart attack survivor. I believe my brain injury taught me more than it cost me. I'm grateful to still be me!
MsRriO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MiaVita2012 (01-28-2013), Mokey (01-28-2013)