View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

There are things you can do. Many good threads to read about eating right and taking supplements that help the nerves to heal or at least improve.

Do you keep good track of your glucose levels? I have normal blood sugar, no problems at all but I test it. I used to test more often and I found what gets my level up. I have not seen anything above 120 one hour after a meal. That was after potatoes. Low good carbs and almost no sugar keeps my level at about 85 after a meal. Nerves do not want lows or spikes. They are sensitive to sugar and toxins of all kinds.

I have an integrative MD that knows the supplements I need for my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and my Dysautonomia/P.O.T.S. caused by autonomic neuropathy. Peripheral Neuropathy also.

I take Alpha Lipoic Acid, Benfotiamine (a good vit. B1) l carnitine (Carniclear liquid) B12, pregnenalone and ones to help the body heal, the immune system also.

The other part is diet. Nutrient dense foods like kale are good. "Minding my Mitochondria" is a great book. I don't eat gluten or junk carbs. For sugar, I use honey, real maple syrup and coconut palm sugar. Only foods full of nutrients.

Last edited by Sallysblooms; 01-29-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Sallysblooms is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (01-28-2013)