View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wow, what an incredibly articulate poster you are Pat and welcome to the community!

I'm a huge hockey fan! My son is in hockey, just got his first concussion at age 9, just 10 days ago. He is on the mend now but it was frightening. I always wanted to be a hockey mom and I loved it when he started to love the sport at only 5 years old! But because I'm now more informed going through my own injury and subsequent PCS, I would not be too sad if he decides to opt out of the sport in a few years. Scary stuff. He plays wing and would be a grinder.... Lol

I am glad you are getting the help you need. A concussion rehabilitation centre sounds like heaven to me right about now! No such resources up where I live!

You sound very level headed and logical in your approach to life and that will go a long way. I think we all struggle with acceptance of a new normal, at least I certainly have. It's that ability to accept and work around limitations that will serve you best in the long run.

It's interesting to me how different doctors prescribe exercise... Keep us posted with how it goes. I'm an old lady compared to you but I really miss working out too, it gave me such good health.

I'm 3mo post injury and have not been able to exercise yet. I've been resting, supplementing, icing my neck, and receiving acupuncture. (No improvements yet)

Hope to see you around the forums.
About it: October 26, 2012 I fell backward on an icy parking lot at work. I was on Workers Comp for 9 months. My PCS : everyday headaches became once in a while headaches, and neck pain became manageable. Still have occasional mild dizziness, sometimes fullness in the ears, convergence insufficiency, sequencing struggles, short term memory struggles, verbal processing delays. CT neg, MRI neg. Therapies: prism glasses, acupuncture, icing neck, resting, supplementing, Elavil 20mg at bedtime.

NEW: Completed 12 weeks of physical therapy and returned to work full time.

About me: I'm a marketing manager, a mom with a blended family and wife to a heart attack survivor. I believe my brain injury taught me more than it cost me. I'm grateful to still be me!
MsRriO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote