View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 04:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Crimsoncrew, just an aside, but I'm wondering if you used to row for Harvard?

But to your question. I find that asymmetry is part of the game. To try to equalize the power in my legs I often work on one leg at a time. I cycle for as long as I can with both feet clicked in. Then I take 1 foot out of the clip and rest it on the trainer and pedal with just one leg. For the first few revolutions, the motion is relatively smooth. Then it gets jerky when I can no longer maintain the circular stroke. I put both feet back in the clips and pedal along for a while. Then I take the other foot out of the clip and do the same thing on the opposite side. Well it's pretty disconcerting to feel the jerk jerk jerk when I'm riding with just one leg, I realize that I'm eventually evening out my stroke. I'm also pedaling faster once I put both legs back in the clips.

As far as medications, I put my neupro patch on by eight or 8:30 in the morning and then do my exercise after I have the new patch in place.

I have no idea if this will help, but I sure hope so. Thanks for your kind words. They mean a lot.
Nan Cyclist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote