View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicoole View Post
I'm a new member to NeuroTalk. I knew I had to get online and find some kind of support before I drove myself crazy. I'm 19 and a type 1 diabetic. I have been since 13. I never took the best care of myself, actually I'm surprised I'm not dead. I have had my first cataract removal surgery and am due to have my second on March 7th. The worst consequence I suffer from though, is neuropathy in my legs and feet. My muscles tense, my foot burn, stabs at me, and tingles. It is even to the point where it is painful to bathe because the hot water drives my feet wild. I live every day in the most pain I have ever felt in my life. I am told doctor after doctor that I'm stuck this way. There's not much they can do. Please, someone tell me it's a lie. Because I hate myself thinking that I have ruined the rest of my life. I don't want to live like this. And everyday is a struggle with myself. I don't know who to talk to, where to go, who I can turn to. Sometimes I don't know what I would say even if I did. It's emotionally draining, physically agonizing. Sometimes I feel like there's no hope for me. Tell me that I can forgive myself, and that there is maybe hope, that this will get better. Cause I can't go on like this if it's not.

The hardest part of having PN was acceptance. I try not to give into the feelings of hopelessness and make the most of each day. Am taking many of the supplements that do often help with regeneration of the nerves. I do take pain meds; i.e. Oxycontin and Oxycodone(percocet) for breakthru pain. They do not take pain away; but at least make each day more tolerable.

Wishing you positive thoughts and much less pain.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote